Thursday, December 1, 2011

Surgery in the morning!

I really want to write a post explaining everything we learned at the meetings with the doctors on Wednesday, but I need to get some sleep.  The hospital called at 4:30 this afternoon and asked if we could move Nate's surgery up to tomorrow morning, instead of Monday.  So, we have to be at the hospital at 6:30am for pre-op preperations and he is scheduled to be in the OR at 9:30am New York time...7:30am Arizona time.  I cried...a lot...when they called and asked us to change his surgery.  This is better, for many reasons, which is why we are doing it, but it is still hard.  I wasn't quite ready, mentally or emotionally, to be putting my baby boy through this tomorrow.  So, please send prayers and good vibes to my sweet, super boy and to the surgeon and doctors.  I will try to write a more informative post tomorrow as we wait for Nate to come out of surgery.  It will be a long surgery, 5 to 10 hours probably...or as the surgeon tells all of his patients, "as long as it takes to do a good job".

11 comments:

  1. We've been getting up at 7:30 so Wes can have leisurely morning. Tomorrow we will say a prayer for Nate first thing. We love you all and as you heard, we miss you. I know you're all in the palm a Gods hand and he gave special powers to Dr. Laqaglia, to find the cancer and remove it from Nate's body, just as he has given Nate his "Super Powers". I wish I could be there with you, but know I'm there in spirit. Love, Gramma D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer warrior here in New Mexico!! May God give both Nate (and mom and dad too) the strength to make it through the day with as much peace in your hearts as possible. The Lord loves Nate more than anything and will be with him tomorrow. Also praying tonight that you get some rest. Can't wait to hear how it went! <3
    xoxox
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Super Nate! Fight on lil man!!!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is in the best hands possible so I'm sure he will come through with flying colours - he is Super Nate after all! And don't forget, he has beautiful Ronan looking out for him as well. Good luck and try to get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you all and sending prayers and positive energy!
    The Finnegans

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never met you but have come to know you through your updates. Nate was my waking thought this morning and I started praying for him, your family and the team who will doing the surgery. You have opened my eyes to this horrible disease and want nothing more than to heal Super Nate and the rest of the warriors and find a cure. Sending positive engery your way from the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on Nate!!! Just know you'll fly through surgery with ease.

    Stay strong.

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for your famimly and Super Nate. I've been following your blog since I came aware of it, from Ro's Blog. Will be thinking of Nate through out the day.
    With LOVE from, TX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers, good thoughts and lots of love this morning for SuperNate and the rest of the family.

    Hugs --

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers and good thoughts from loyal followers and believers in WV.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck super Nate! You are gonna rock this surgery and kick some cancer butt!
    xoxo
    Laura

    ReplyDelete