Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Discharge!


I woke up this morning, rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock...5am...fever time.  I jumped out of bed (hospital couch) and checked Nate's forehead...no fever!  I went back to bed for a couple hours and when we both woke up, I confirmed with the nurses...no fever!  Hooray, we are out of here!  We could have walked out of there first thing in the morning but we had to wait for the pharmacy to send up his pain medication to go home.  Jen walked over with the stroller to help me carry Nate's stuff back to the Ronald McDonald House...and we waited...and waited...and waited.  Dang pharmacy.  After several hours we decided to leave and come back later for the pain medicine.

We made it back to the Ronald McDonald House and ordered some lunch for delivery.  Nate ate nothing and as soon as we got back to our room he fell right asleep...he was just pooped.  We let him nap for a couple hours while we showered and I ran a few errands to find some snacks that Nate would eat and some rain gear (it has been raining all day today).

When Nate woke up we took him (ok...really we took Jen) back to the Toys R Us in Times Square.  We got some dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and Nate ate half of a hot dog and a bit of a chocolate shake...more than he's eaten at a single meal, in a couple days.  He's still complaining of pain when it gets to be time for another dose of pain medication...which kills me.  I hate to see my little boy in pain...it just sucks.  I'm so thankful for a successful surgery and a fast recovery but sometimes it just gets to me that we have to be doing any of this.  I'm a little sad today...I think I'm just more than ready to come home.

Nate has a follow up appointment with the surgeon tomorrow morning.  I'm hoping we can get in and out of the visit quickly and hopefully it won't be raining and we can see a few more sights.  We have plane tickets heading home on Friday and I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. Beth I am so happy for you and Nate and I hope to see you very soon !!!!!!!!!!!! Have a safe trip back home , love Melina

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad to see that Nate's surgery went well!

    Your family is in our prayers!

    Sincerely,

    David Banegas

    Janet Anne Rubenstein

    P.J. Schrantz

    Banegas Fine Art Gallery
    Red Bank, N.J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Nate!!!

    Marian Cutler

    ReplyDelete