Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Good Day



Today was a good day.  I woke up to Nate at the foot of our bed, hollering for food...music to my ears right now.  He apparently gave up while I was getting Ellie up, because when I returned to our room to find out what Nate wanted to eat...he was gone.  I found him coming out of the kitchen, eating cinnamon toast crunch.  Apparently, he decided I wasn't moving fast enough and he needed to take matters in to his own hands.

We had made plans to go to Liz's to play with Jack and Lucy.  I told Liz we would be over after 10am.  At 8am, Nate said he didn't want to watch any cartoons.  He wanted to go to Jack's house, right now.  I explained that I had to take a shower and get dressed first.  He told me he would wait in the car for me.  Haha!

By the time we got to Liz's, he was too tired to walk in by himself.  I carried him in and set him on the couch.  I went in to the kitchen to put his milk in the fridge and by the time I got back to the living room, he had hopped off the couch and was playing with Jack.  I even saw him attempt a little bit of a run.  He's basically like a baby deer, walking on his skinny little legs, but he's trying.  He climbed down into their "toy pit" on his own and even shot some basketball.  I pretty much had tears in my eyes all morning.

He would get tired every now and then, and say that he needed to take a "little rest".  I set him up with a blanket and pillow on the couch.  He would lay down for 15 minutes or so, then pop up and say his rest was over and he was ready to play again.  Oh, my sweet boy!

As you can see from the video, Liz taught Nate how to wink.  So cute!  He also got to take a spin around in Jack's electric jeep.  Ellie sat in the passenger seat, while her big brother took her for a little ride.  As weak as he is, it was truly an answer to my prayers to see Nate "run" and play a bit today.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Super Nate and Super Mom! I have tears just reading about the great day you both had. There will be many many more like it coming. Nate has really kicked cancer in the butt. F U Cancer, and again, wayyyyy to go Super Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story made my day today too! Yay Nate! Here is to another play day tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete