Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Scan Tomorrow


I'm sorry I haven't written in awhile.  I'm sure everyone wants to know how Nate has been since he's been home from the hospital.  I will try and write in more detail tomorrow, but the short answer is...not good.  I haven't had the energy to write.  Hovering over Nate is literally a 24 hour a day job.  The tube feeds have not been going well...at all.  I'll explain more later, and I don't want to jinx it...but, Nate ate A LOT tonight and is so far keeping it down.  We are praying and praying that it will stay down.

Nate will be put under anesthesia tomorrow morning at 7:30am for a bone marrow biopsy and MIBG (neuroblastoma specific) scan.  I hate putting him under, but I know he always does well.  Normally, scanxiety would be taking over right about now, but honestly I am kind of excited for these tests.  This is officially the "re-staging" of his disease before he goes to transplant.  We BELIEVE we will hear nothing but the most wonderful three letters in the world...NED (no evidence of disease).

Please continue to pray for Nate's eating and weight gain, as he has very far to go before transplant in a couple weeks.  Please pray that the procedures go smoothly tomorrow and that we hear the news of NED, as soon as possible.  Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and support.


7 comments:

  1. I will be praying and praying HARD for Nate tonight. I am so sorry he hasn't been eating well and pray that he keeps the food he did eat today down peacefully. I will be anxiously awaiting you say the 3 letter word NED tomorrow because our God can do ANYTHING. Sleep good (whatever that means anymore) ... xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck for the scans!!!
    I'm so sorry about what you and your family, especially Nate, is going through, you have all my thoughts and best wishes. Every super hero has down-time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Nate is in my prayers and thoughts... NED is what you will hear tomorrow! He is a beautiful little boy that will beat this.. Love you lil Nate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intense prayers lifted up for Nate and your family. Thank you for the update, our hearts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nate,
    My boys Hunter and Hayden and I pray for you every night. We wish you were feeling better and wanting to eat. We talk about things we think you might want to eat when you are better, and we hope that comes soon. Stay spunky!!! Bless you and all your family.

    Val Nikolaus
    (Alisa's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go SuperNate! Keep up the fight and keep cancer's butt! You are winning. Hope your procedure goes well today, and I hope you continue to keep eating and bulking up and getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete