Thursday, July 14, 2011

Here it is...

I'm still not ready to write it, but here it is...my little boy has cancer. The last week has been so horrific it is completely indescribable to those who have never been there and for those who have, I am so sorry. No one should EVER have to experience this. I have a constant crushing pain in my chest that I fear will never go away, my heart is broken.

Nate has been diagnosed with neuroblastoma. So far they are giving it a stage 3 (because it has shown no signs of metastasis), pending a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. Please pray your loudest prayer that his bone marrow is clean. It's very important and very scary waiting to hear.

I'll go into more detail about his treatment as I feel up to it, but we have a very hard and very scary year or so ahead of us, with a LOT of time spent in the hospital. I have every confidence and faith that my sweet little boy will grow into a VERY special man with no signs of any disease. We just have to pull together and get through this year, which I know we can do with the help and strength of our family and friends and God.

We will most likely be bringing Nate home tomorrow night (please pray this works out as we hope) to spend a few nights at home before checking back in to the hospital on Tuesday to start chemo.

Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers, notes, phone calls and meals. It all means so much. I hope you guys are up for a year of this too.

I want to share a story...
When Nate was a baby, about a year old. My mom, Wes, Nate and I were having lunch at Pei Wei. Out of no where a gentleman walked up to our table and said, "Sometimes God speaks to me and usually I don't tell anyone about it because people think I'm crazy, but I really felt that God wanted me to tell you this". He pointed at Nate and said, "that little boy is very special, God has big plans for him". Then he walked away. My mom and I couldn't figure out if that was cool or creepy, but it stuck with me for a day or two. Then, I hadn't thought about it again until the day after all this started. Well, I can't wait to get my boy through these treatments and see exactly what big plans God has in store for him.

1 comment:

  1. I somehow missed your comment on my video post. I've been reading this blog and following the story and kind of getting to know you. I don't know if "I'm sorry you're going through this" is the right thing to say, it's heartbreaking. I have every hope for Nate and your family. And to your advice, my girl gets loved like crazy every day.

    ReplyDelete