Thursday, December 20, 2012

No more nuk!

Nate loves his nuk (pacifier). We were waiting until we got back from vacation when he was 2 1/2 to take it from him...then we found out he had cancer. His nuk and Softie have been an indispensable source of comfort for him through all he has endured. Now that the hardest part of his treatment is over, we have been preparing him for months that when he turned 4, he wouldn't need his nuk anymore. On Tuesday, at nap time he asked for his nuk and I explained that he was now 4 and doesn't need it anymore. His first reaction was, "I don't want my birthday, I want my nuk!". I told him I was sorry, but he couldn't give back his birthday. After a little whining, he conceded and has been without his nuk, with no complaints, ever since. He has even told a few people proudly that he doesn't need it anymore. I thought this was going to be a much more difficult transition. Once again, I am so proud of my super boy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment