Friday, June 15, 2012

Keepin' it Real


Usually, I try not to post less than attractive photos of myself on the internet, but in honor of International Neuroblastoma Awareness Week...we're keepin' it real.  This is what I look like after working 12 hours and a sleepless night of trying to comfort my sweet boy.  I also am too afraid to leave him to shower, so be thankful your computer doesn't have smell-o-vision.  This is what Nate looks like while there is a war being fought in his little body (he is actually "smiling" and saying "cheese" in this photo...everything is uncomfortable).  Cancer treatment is not pretty, but the alternative is so much worse.  As much as we hate this treatment, we are so thankful for it and the chance it is giving Nate at LIFE.

Nate had a little bit better day yesterday, pain wise.  The report from Papa, Grandma, Lou Lou and Linde is that he was mostly comfortable and sleeping.  The fevers really came with a vengence last night after the medication was stopped.  We spent all night giving him medicine and trying to make him comfortable.  The fevers would break momentarily, then come roaring back.  He is getting medicine every three hours to try and keep the fevers away...it's not working so great.

Nate is a trooper as always.  He is so sweet.  He keeps saying, "Mommy...I love you".  There is no way he could ever know how much I love him back.  The antibody started back up again almost two hours ago.  We are hoping that the pain and fevers today and tomorrow will be managable.  Sunday can't get here fast enough.

5 comments:

  1. Oh hang in there little family. The picture of Nate brings tears to my eyes. He is so brave. I am praying for your family. You don't know me but your family has touched me and I keeping hoping and praying for your sweet boy.

    Love from a stranger in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Mama...Nate is such a brave boy. Prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica Lewin UrbanJune 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM

    I am praying constantly health and strength for Nate and the family. Sending love hugs and positive vibes always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crying after reading your post and seeing the pic of Nate. Poor little guy..........I really hope we can answers someday for why our babies have to go through this. It sucks balls. FU Cancer, and keep your chin up Super Nate!!

    ReplyDelete